The World’s Best Baked Macaroni & Cheese
OMG I can’t tell you guys how excited I was to share this soulful baked macaroni and cheese recipe with you all. The cooking method and tehcnigue is what make this and my other baked macaroni and cheese recipes so delicious. The key to good cooking is not just about what ingredients you use but how you use them….. the cooking method and preparation of the dish is what separates great food from basic food. Pretty much everybody loves baked mac and cheese and that’s because us American’s just love us some cheese. But that’s the thing… all macaroni and cheese dont taste like macaroni and cheese… sometimes you’ll have the misfortune of coming across someone who serves you macaroni and cheese that taste like macaroni and butter hahahahaha. One of the biggest complaints I hear from my subscribers is that their macaroni and cheese is bland.. or that it’s not cheesy no matter how much cheese they seem to add. Well, it’s how you’re adding it that makes the difference. It’s important to saturate your macaroni in a cheesy cheese sauce before baking it. Traditionally, southerners would boil their macaroni and place it in a baking pan. They’ll follow that up by stirring in their milk, eggs, butter, and chopped blocks of cheese, then in the oven it goes. The problem with this method is, the block cheese doesn’t permeate throughout the pan of macaroni when it melts leaving gaps of cheeseless macaroni. And when you go to eat it, you notice that some bites you take our bland and cheeseless, leaving you angry, disappointed, and wondering what went wrong. So to avoid this, what we do is melt our cheese in a pot of macaroni and stir it all in together; saturating our macaroni in the cheese so that every bite we take is oh so cheesy. This is soul food at it’s best guys. Macaroni and cheese can’t get too much better than this. This macaroni and cheese recipe is rich, well seasoned, and cheesy….. the way soul food macaroni should be. And unlike my previous baked mac and cheese recipes we’ll be adding a kick of spiciness to this one. Remember that under and over seasoning is another common cause of unappeasing food. But that’s one thing you won’t have to worry about with this recipe…. all the flavors and seasonings come together so well. Trust me, when you take this macaroni and cheese to the thanksgiving dinner or family get together, you best believe you won’t leave without people asking you for the recipe… or complimenting you on how well of a job you did cooking it. Yeaaaa…. it is just that good. This amazingly delicious baked macaroni and cheese recipe is below check it out, I know you’ll love it.
1. First things first….place a big pot of water over high heat and wait for the water to come to a boil before adding the macaroni.
2. My grandmom always taught me to multi-task while cooking and not to wait until one step is complete before moving onto the next.. so while your water is preheating, you’re going to kill two birds with 1 stone as I always say and get a small bowl. To that bowl you’re going to add your eggs, milk, salt, sugar, and pepper. Whisk everything in together for about 45 seconds or until everything is well blended.
3. You’re then going to move onto the next step, which is cutting up your blocks of cheese. Cut them up into small pieces so that you can spread lots of cheese all throughout the macaroni.
4. Those 2 previous steps probably took you about 10 minutes so your water has likely come to a boil. So add your macaroni and stir in well.
5. You’re only going to boil the macaroni for about 8 minutes. The last thing we want is bloated soggy overcooked macaroni. Remember, we’re going to be cooking the macaroni further in the oven so dont worry about them not being tender enough. After 8 minutes drain the water.
6. This is the most important part of this recipe and here is where we saturate the macaroni in cheese as I explained earlier for a more cheesy baked macaroni. Place the same pot over LOW to MEDIUM heat this time.
7. Add your macaroni back to the pot, then stir in 4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir the macaroni and cheese until the cheese is fully melted, then cut fire the fireoff.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
9. Add the macaroni and cheese to a baking dish.
10. Stir in your butter.
11. Next, you’re going to stir in your milk seasoning mixture and your chopped blocks of cheese.
12. Flatten the top out so that it is even, then top your macaroni and cheese with an additional 1/2 cup of shredded cheese this is so that our macaroni and cheese gets a cheese crust layer on top…. I love cheese crust… that’s what I call it.
13. Place your macaroni and cheese in the oven and bake for 25 minutes. And there you have it… delicious soul food baked macaroni and cheese. Guys you’re going to love this macaroni and cheese so much…. Enjoy!
Check Out My Video Turorial