1. Add 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon to a big bowl. Whisk for 45 seconds to 1 minute.
2. Add 1/2 cup margarine or butter. Make sure the margarine or butter is frozen and chopped into small pieces. It has to be very cold.
3. Mash into flour until different size crumbs form. Make sure there is no loose flour remaining.
4. Create a space in the center.
5. Pour buttermilk into the center. Make sure the buttermilk is very cold.
6. Bring the buttermilk and flour together with your hands until a ball of wet dough forms. DO NOT OVER HANDLE THE BATTER!!!! Over kneading will result in your biscuits coming out tough.
7. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
8. Fold parchment paper to fit baking sheet. Place it onto the baking sheet.
9. Pour 1/2 cup flour onto a flat surface.
10. Place ball of dough onto flour surface. Coat dough with flour, then press down with hands to form a long square size shape.
11. Dust off the flour very well, then fold it. Dust off flour again, then fold again. Dough should be about 3/4 inch high. Dust top of dough off one last time.
12. Press biscuit cutter into dough, lift biscuit up, then place onto baking sheet (Make sure you don’t twist the biscuit cutter as you press into dough).
13. Bring dough together to create more biscuits if needed.
14. Make sure all biscuits are close and touching one another. This helps them to rise.
15. Brush biscuits down with a little buttermilk.
16. Place biscuits in oven. Bake for 10 minutes.
17. Place biscuits in broiler. Broil for 1 minute.
18. Brush biscuits down with 1/4 cup of melted margarine or butter.
Check Out My Video Tutorial