1. Remove excess fat from chicken. Rinse chicken with cool water and 1 tbs of salt.
2. Place chicken pieces in a bowl. Add hot sauce, parsley, and buttermilk, then stir in well.
3. Poke holes in chicken.
4. Cover and place in refrigerator to marinate for 8+ hours.
5. After 8 hours, take chicken out of the refrigerator, sit it aside, and let it come to room temperature.
6. Sit chicken on a plate to allow excess buttermilk to drip off.
7. In a bowl, combine 1 cup of flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne then stir in well.
8. Coat chicken with seasoned flour and sit it aside.
9. Place pot over medium heat and add oil.
10. Add 1 cup of flour to a bowl. Right before adding the chicken to the pot of hot oil, coat with flour AGAIN and shake off excess flour.
11. While cooking, poke a few holes in the thickest part of the thighs and drumbsticks so that they cook all way through (fry wings over medium-high heat for 12 minutes. Fry drumbsticks for about 15 minutes and thighs for about 17-20 minutes over medium heat).
12. After removing chicken from the oil sit it aside on a paper toweled plate. The THIGHS and DRUMBSTICKS are NOT DONE yet if there is clear juice running out of them. If you see juice running out of the thighs and drumbsticks add them back to the pot to continue cooking a little longer.
Check Out My Video Tutorial