1. Ok so first things, first…. place your shrimp in a big mixing bowl and cover with cool water. Let them soak int he water until they defrost.
2. Next you’re going to place your pot of water over high heat. We’re going to wait until the water comes to a boil before adding the fettuccine pasta.
3. Once the water comes to a boil, add your fettuccine pasta to the boiling water and cook for 9 to 10 minutes, then drain and sit aside.
4. Now back to the shrimp, peel the skin and tail off each shrimp. Afterwards, give them a nice rinse and drain the water.
5. Season the shrimps with minced garlic, cajun seasoning, and pepper, then massage seasonings in well. My cajun seasonings was a bit salty…. if you feel you need salt you can add a little. I recommend adding salt if needed after the dish is done to avoid overseasoning the shrimp.
6. Now we’re going to sautee the shrimp. So place a skillet over high heat.
7. To the skillet add 2 tbs of butter or margarine. I always prefer butter over margarine though.
8. Once melted, add the shrimp and fry for 15 seconds per side (only fry 15 shrimp at a time), then sit aside.
9. Place a pot over low heat.
10. Add 2 tbs of butter or margarine to the pot.
11. Once the butter melts, add your whipping cream.
12. Follow that up by adding your shredded parmesan cheese.
13. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes, raise to high heat, and cook until cheese is fully melted. Make sure you stir as the cheese is melting. Now this part is critical. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT COOK THE ALFREDO SAUCE until it is too thick because it’s going to thicken as it chills…. Plus, be mindful that you’re going to add the shrimp and fettuccine pasta to the sauce which will absorb some of the sauce leaving you with a dry dish and you DO NOT WANT THAT. So don’t cook the alfredo sauce too long… you want it to be on the loose side so your dish can be saucey. Just watch the sauce carefully, but when you add the pasta and shrimp you want the alfredo sauce to be rather loose.
14. Add the fettuccine pasta and shrimp.
15. Fold the fettuccine and shrimp into Alfredo Sauce. Garnish with parsley flakes when served for decoration purposes. Enjoy!!!
Check Out My Video Tutorial