1. Place a small pot over high heat.
2. Add margarine or butter (I prefer butter) and brown sugar.
3. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt, then stir in well.
4. Add vanilla and syrup. Cook until margarine or butter melts and candied sauce begins to bubble, then sit aside in refrigerator.
5. Place a big pot of water over high heat.
6. Once water comes to a boil, add potatoes. Cook for 35 minutes, then sit aside.
7. Once potatoes chill, peal skin.
8. Slice potatoes into circular shapes or shapes of your choice.
9. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
10. Add potatoes to a baking dish.
11. Add candied sauce.
12. Sprinkle potatoes with an additional 2 tbs of brown sugar.
13. Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
14. Base candied yams once or twice during cooking.
Check Out My Video Tutorial