1. Ok so to begin this recipe you’re going to chop off the thick stem of your heads of broccoli. Afterwards, snap off the broccoli florets with your hands.
2. Place a pot of water over medium heat. Once the water comes to a boil, add your broccoli florets and cook them for about 4 minutes. This is what we call blanching. You want your broccoli tender but not limp, so we aren’t going to be cooking them for long. You’ll notice that the broccoli changes in color which is another way you can tell they are done as well.
3. Once the broccoli is done, drain the hot water and season it with the salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Just sprinkle the seasoning over the broccoli, you don’t have to stir in in or anything.
4. So now it’s time to create a cheese sauce for our broccoli so get a small pot and place it over medium heat. Add your butter and flour, then stir in well.
5. Once the flour changes in color, add your milk, and 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheddar cheese. We aren’t going to use all the cheese just yet because we have to reserve some for later. Stir the cheese in well and allow it to cook until the cheese melts into a cheese sauce and thickens.
6. Once your cheese turns into a nice thick cheese sauce, pour it over the seasoned broccoli, then top the cheese broccoli with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
7. Place the cheese broccoli over low heat. Cover it with a lid and let it simmer until the top cheese melts. Enjoy!
Check Out My Video Tutorial