PhillyBoyJay’s Omelet Overview
Who doesn’t love a cheese omelet? I know I do…. especially with sauteed onions peppers and fried bacon… mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm! Sounds like melody to my ears. Eggs, onions, peppers, bacon, and cheese…. that’s a all in one breakfast right there. You got your meat, your veggies, and your starch all packed in one omelet. You dont even need a side dish! Cheese and eggs go together like peanut butter and jelly, so that combo speaks for itself. But the addition of crispy bacon and the flavor of the fried onions and peppers take this omelet to new heights and gives it a nice crunch too. Condiments are totally unnecesary but a touch of ketchup or hotsauce can’t hurt. Omelets are super versatile! You can make vegetarian style omelets or switch up the veggies and add tomatoes and spinach instead. You can use different kinds of cheese and instead of adding bacon you can use sausage meat. It’s so many ways to make a scrumptious omelet but finding the right combination of ingredients is key and I think I found it. I’ve tried many omelets over the years but nothing is better than one with onions, peppers, bacon, and cheese. That combination just seems to please my tastebuds the most. So please, please, please, give this AMAZINGLY delicious omelet a shot!!! An omelet can’t get much better than this folks. Not cooking this will be a diservice to your tastebuds!!!!
1. Add your eggs to a small bowl. We’re going to season the eggs very lightly before frying them. We aren’t going to be using alot of seasonings because we’re going to be adding cheese and pork bacon to our omelet, both of which contains lots of sodium and flavor. So add your pinch of salt and pepper, then whisk and beat the eggs in for 45 seconds or until they’re well blended.
2. Next, your going to chop your onions and peppers into small pieces. The reason I like to use red peppers is to give the omelet color. If you only have green peppers on hand, that’s cool don’t worry. Like I said, I only use the red peppers for superficial purposes….. yes im vain and looks are important to me hahahaha.
3. After chopping your veggies into small pieces, you’re going to place a skillet over high heat. Add your bacon and fry the bacon for 2 minutes on each side. Afterwards, sit the bacon aside on a paper toweled plate to drain the excess oil.
4. Ok so after removing the bacon from the skillet you’re going to add your chopped peppers & onions and saute them for 1 minute. Bacon produces it’s own oil so you can use that bacon grease to sautee the vegetables. The reason we sautee the vegetables is to rid of the rawness. Raw vegetables just don’t taste that good on an omelet and they wont cook completely if we just add them to the eggs without sauteeing them first. Once they’re done, you’re going to sit them on a paper toweled plate as well to drain the excess oil.
5. Ok so by this point, your bacon should be chilled. What you’re going to do is crumble the bacon with your hands, into tiny pieces.
6. So now we’re ready to make our omelet. What you need to do first is remove most of the bacon grease from the skillet. You want to leave about 2 tsps worth of bacon grease in the skillet to fry your eggs.
7. You’re going to place the skillet over low heat.
8. Add your eggs to the skillet and let them cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes, top the eggs evenly with the sauteed onions and peppers. Follow that up by adding your crumbled bacon and cheese.
9. Once the eggs turn yellow, fold the omelet with a spatula flipping one end over onto the other.
10. Turn the heat off and split the omelet in half. Let the omelet rest in the skillet for an additional 2 minutes, then remove and place it on a paper toweled plate to drain any excess oil. I dont want yall suing me for high cholesterol lol. Enjoy!!!
Check Out My Video Tutorial