1. Peal skin off potatoes.
2. Slice potatoes into 1/8 inch width circular-shaped pieces. Add potatoes to a bowl and cover with cool water.
3. Slice onions into very small pieces.
4. Place a pot over medium heat.
5. Add margarine or butter. Add onions, then saute for 1 minute.
6. Add flour, then stir in until it’s no longer white in color.
7. Add milk, then stir for 30 seconds.
8. Add seasonings (except parsley flakes and paprika), then stir in well.
9. Add 3 cups of cheese, then stir in well. Cook for 5 minutes or until fully melted.
10. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
11. Pour a little cheese sauce into a baking pan.
12. Add the 1st layer of potatoes, then coat with cheese sauce. Afterwards, add the 2nd layer of potatoes and coat with remaining cheese sauce.
13. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
14. Garnish with paprika and parsley flakes.
15. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes.
16. Remove aluminum foil. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
Check Out My Video Tutorial