1. Peal skin off the potatoes.
2. Slice the potatoes into 1/8 inch width circular-shaped pieces. Add potatoes to a bowl and cover with cool water.
3. Slice onions into very fine pieces.
4. Place a pot over medium heat.
5. Add butter. Once the butter melts, add your onions and let them sautee for 1 minute. While your onions are sauteeing warm your milk up in the microwave for a about 1 minute to get it warm.
6. Next, you’re going to stir in your flour until it’s no longer white in color.
7. Add your warm milk, then stir it in really well for about 30-40 seconds.
8. Add your seasonings (except the parsley flakes and paprika), then stir it in well.
9. Add 3 cups of cheese, then stir in well. Cook for 5 minutes or until it’s melted. It doesn’t have to be fully melted by the way.
10. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
11. Pour a little cheese sauce into a baking dish.
12. Add the 1st layer of potatoes, then coat with cheese sauce. Afterwards, add the 2nd layer of potatoes and coat with remaining cheese sauce.
13. Top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheese.
14. Garnish with paprika and parsley flakes. This is just for decoration purposes and to give it a nice look.
15. Cover the potatoes with aluminum foil and bake them for at least 1 hour.
16. Remove the aluminum foil and continue baking the potatoes uncovered for an additional 20 to 30 minutes or until they’re lightly brown on top. Serve and Enjoy!!!
Check Out My Video Tutorial