1. Rinse gizzards with salt and water.
2. Place a pot of water over low-medium heat. Once heat comes to a boil, add gizzards. Afterwards, cover with a lid leaving a crack on the sides, then cook until tender.
3. Meanwhile, add cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, seasoning salt, parsley flakes, thyme, and pepper to a big bowl. Whisk for 45 seconds.
4. Add buttermilk, melted margarine or butter, oil, and 2 eggs to another bowl, then whisk for 45 seconds.
5. Combine the dry and wet ingredients, then stir in well.
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Add cornbread mixture to a baking pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes.
9. Chop your onion, celery, and peppers into small pieces.
10. Remove skin from sausages.
11. Place a skillet over medium heat.
12. Add sausage meat, then chop and break meat up with spatula.
13. Once brown add vegetables and cook for another 5-7 minutes.
14. Once cornbread is done break up into fine pieces and add to a big bowl.
15. Add cream of chicken and celery, then stir in well.
16. Add meat and vegetables, then stir in well.
17. Add broth, then stir in well.
18. Chop your gizzards up into fine pieces, then add to bowl and stir in well.
19. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
20. Poor cornbread dressing into baking pan, then spread out evenly.
21. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
Check Out My Video Tutorial