Homemade French Fries
These fries are the bizzidy bomb bomb…. that means they’re really good lol. The french fry sauce is the cherry on top. These french fries are like a late night snack for me. They’re tasty and light, something I like to cook up during evenings where Im a little hungry but dont want anything heavy to eat. They are easy to make and are best served as a side dish but I eat them all by themselves, they’re just that good. Homemade french fries have their own unique taste, they dont tatse like french fries you order from the store and they damn sure ain’t no McDonald copy cat french fries. They taste better to me! I think these are best served with a hamburgers, fried chicken, or fried fish…. omg!!!!! Foodgasm!!! The combination of seasonings we use really gives the french fries a kick, and the sauce sets the roof on fire!!!! BAM!!! Give this simple and easy french fry recipe a try. You’ll love them and will be making them soon after, trust me. Enjoy!
1. Step 1, peel off the potato skin…. some people actually like to keep the skin on the potatoes, so you can definitely leave the skin on if that’s how you like them. Whatever floats your boat… different strokes for different folks as they say…..
2. Next you’re going to cut your potatoes length wise, about 1/4 inch thick in width.
3. Last but not least, cut the potatoes into french fry shapes.
4. Fill a bowl up with water and add your french fries to the bowl of water as you’re peeling and cutting them. The reason we let the french fries rest in water until we’re done cutting them all is to prevent them from turning brown. Once potatoes make contact with air, they begin to change in color and the water slows down that process.I like to give my potatoes a nice rinse as well. So fill a bowl up with water, add the french fries as you cut them, and rinse them really well.
5. Now… we’re going to move onto the next step which is to create our french fry seasoning. This is what makes these french fries so good. Combine seasoning salt, garlic powder, and onion powder. Stir the seasonings in reallywell, then sit it aside.
6. Place a skillet over low heat. Preheat the oil until it’s hot! You will know the oil is hot because it will begin to bubble a bit. Another way to check to see if the oil is hot is to stick the tip of a fry into the oil. If the oil bubbles loudly, the oil is hot enough.
- If you are making thin size fries, preheat your oil over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes
7. While your oil is preheating,………… drain the water from the bowl of fries, then sit them aside. Pat the fries dry really well with a towel. This is really important because if you add damp fries to hot oil…. a VOLCANIC EXPLOSION is what you will get and we definitely don’t want that!!!!
8. Place the french fries into the skillet. Fry the fries for 9 minutes, then sit aside. We just fry them long enough to cook them all way through. This way our fries are nice and tender on the inside, that’s why we cook them on low heat so they cook inside out.
- Now if you are making thin size fries, you can fry them over medium-high heat until they are light brown and be done with this recipe You only need to pre-fry thick large fries
9. Afterwards, place the french fries in the freezer for 20 to 30 minutes. We place them in the freezer so they stiffen up a bit because when lift them up and place them back into the skillet to brown them they will break due to how fragile/tender they are. So the freezer just stiffens them up to make them easier to place back into the skillet.
10. Place the skillet over medium-high heat. Preheat the oil for 5 minutes.
11. Place the french fries into the skillet. Fry for 7 to 8 minutes or until light brown. This time we fry them on a higher heat because we dont need to slow cook them, we just want them to brown.
12. Once done, sit the fries aside on a paper toweled plate to drain the excess oil.
13. For french fry sauce, combine mayo and ketchup, then stir in well. This sauce taste so gooooood omg!!!! If you are making more fries you are going to need more sauce. Just make sure the key to this sauce is the 1 to 2 ketchup/mayo ration. No matter how much ketchup you use, always use twice as much mayo. So for example, if you’re making a lot of fries and need to make a lot of sauce and used 4 tbs of ketchup, you will need to use 8tbs of mayo to make this sauce.
14. Last but not least…. season the french fries with the seasonings we combined earlier. These homemade french fries are best served straight from out the oil while they’re still hot. They are AMAZING!!!! Enjoy.
Check Out My Video Tutorial