1. Remove excess fat from goat. Add to a big bowl and cover with cool water. Add 1 tbs of salt and soak for 15 minutes. Afterwards, rinse well, then sit aside.
2. Season with lime juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, grounded Jamaican all spice, and curry powder, then massage seasonings in well.
3. Add onions, scallions, peppers, and scotch bonnet pepper, then massage in well.
4. Store in refrigerator to marinate for 8+ hours.
5. Scrape the vegetables off meat.
6. Place a pot over high heat. Add 1/4 cup of olive or vegetable oil. After 5 minutes, add goat meat.
7. Brown meat for 10 minutes. Stir while it’s browning to prevent burning.
8. Add bay leaves, fresh thyme sprig, then cover with water.
9. Cover with a lid leaving a crack on the sides. Cook on low heat for 2 hours…. Stir periodically.
10. After 2 hours, remove the bay leaves and thyme sprig.
11. Raise heat to medium-high. Add potatoes, vegetables, and ketchup, then stir in well.
12. Cook for about another hour or until meat is tender.
Check Out My Video Tutorial