1. Add lima beans to a bowl. Separate the good beans from the bad, then discard the bad beans.
2. Add cool water to the bowl of beans, making sure they are fully submerged in water. Store in refrigerator.
3. Rinse ham hocks with cool water.
4. Place a big pot of water over medium heat.
5. Add ham hocks, then cover with a lid leaving a crack on the sides. Cook for 2-1/2 hours.
6. Chop onion, pepper, and celery into small pieces.
7. Drain lima beans, then add to pot with ham hocks.
8. Add onions, peppers, and celery.
9. Add bouillon cube.
10. Add celery salt, garlic powder, sugar, thyme, parsley flakes, and pepper.
11. Add margarine or butter, then stir in well.
12. Cover with a lid leaving a crack on the sides.
13. Cook for 1-1/2 hours or until beans reach your desired level of tenderness.
Check Out My Video Tutorial