1. Rinse hens with salt and water. Remove package of giblets from cavity and excess fat.
2. Chop your vegetables.
3. Combine margarine or butter and oil, then melt in microwave. Afterwards, add vinegar , then stir in well.
4. Combine broth and cornstarch, then stir in well.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
6. Add chopped vegetables, giblets, and bouillon cubes to baking dish.
7. Add cornish hens.
8. Rub the melted margarine or butter mixture and seasonings onto each side of hens.
9. Pour slurry into baking dish.
10. Place in oven and bake until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Stick thermometer into thickest part of the hens to get an accurate reading. Make sure the thermometer doesn’t touch the bone in the hens. I always let them cook for a minimum of 1 hour and 30 minutes though.
11. Base 1-2 times during cooking time.
12. After removing the hens from the oven, wait at least 10 minutes before carving into the hens.
Check Out My Video Tutorial