1. We’re going to be using large shrimp for this scampi recipe. So make sure you are using large shrimp because the shrimp shrink a bit as they cook. Peel off the tails and skin, then rinse them off with cool water. If the shrimp are frozen let them soak in some water until they defrost, then peel off the tail and skin.
2. Place a pot of water over high heat. Once the water comes to a boil add your linguine pasta and 1 tbs of olive. The olive oil prevents the pasta from sticking once you remove it from the water. Boil the pasta for 8 to 10 minutes, then drain water immediately and sit pasta aside.
3. So now you’re going to get a skillet and place the skillet over medium heat. Add your olive oil, 2 tbs of butter, your minced garlic, and seasonings to the skillet, then stir in well.
4. After 1 minute, or after the butter melts, add your shrimp. Cook the shrimp until they turn orange on each side.
5. Once the shrimp turn orange add your lemon juice and white whine, then stir in well.
6. Let the whine simmer for about 3 minutes. We allow the whine to simmer to cook out the alcohol…..
7. After 3 to 4 minutes, stir in your parmesan cheese.
8. Last but not least add your chopped parsley and stir in your pasta. I used an 8oz package of liguine pasta… but I only boiled about 3/4ths of the packaged which is about 6oz of pasta because 8oz is alot of pasta for this recipe. Serve and Enjoy!
Check Out My Video Tutorial