1. With a knife, pull out the fat in between the crevices of the neck bones.
2. Cut some of the excess fat and any membrane that may appear on the neck bones. Place the neck bones in a big bowl, add 1 tbs of salt, and cover with cool water. Let neck bones soak in salt water solution for 15-30 minutes then rinse off very well.
3. Meanwhile, chop onion up into small to medium size pieces and sit aside.
4. In a big bowl, combine 1qt of water with vinegar and gravy master, then stir in well.
5. Combine milk and flour, then stir in well until flour dissolves.
6. Season neck bones with salt, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper then massage seasonings in well.
*Feel free to add any additional seasonings you may like*
7. Place a pot over medium-high heat.
8. Add oil, then neck bones, and brown for about 4 minutes. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds or so then remove.
9. Add chopped onions and stir for 1 minute.
10. Add vinegar water mixture, followed by an additional 1qt of water, and milk flour slurry, then stir in well.
11. Reduce heat to medium heat and add neck bones.
12. Cover with a lid leaving a small crack on the sides. Cook until meat is tender and gravy thickens, about 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
Check out My Video Tutorial