Southern-Style Creamy Cheese Grits
Cheese grits are definitely southern….. the good thing is you don’t have to be from the south to know how to make some good ole creamy cheese grits. A friend who I know from the south shared this easy simple but delicious cheese grits recipe with me and so im going to share it with you all. My father use to make Cheese Grits on Saturday mornings. He would always make a big ole gourmet breakfast on Saturdays and because he knew how to cook so well, like pretty much all of my family does… I enjoyed them very much. He would always make these as a side dish to fried fish. These are a perfect breakfast or brunch side dish and go well with scrambled eggs and bacon, or salmon patties, but they don’t go with nothing better than fried fish… MAANNNNN!!!! Cheese grits with fried fish equals a MAJOR FOODGASM. SO BE WARNED!!!! These cheesy grits are so cheesy, butters, and melt right in your mouth… they’re absolutely delicious and you will be trying this recipe after you make them for the first time. Check the recipe out below and tell me how much you liked them afterwards!!!
1. The first thing you’re going to do is get a pot and fill it up with water. Place the pot of water over medium-high heat and wait for the water to come to a boil
2. Once the water comes to a boil, slowly pour the grits into the center of the pot. Stir the center vigorously as you pour the grits in. Stirring virgorously is what prevents those unppealing lumps from forming. Stir the grits for about 30 to 40 seconds after adding them to the pot of water, then reduce the heat to low heat.
3. Cover your grits with a lid. Make sure you leave a crack on the sides so they don’t overflow. The reason we cover it with a lid is so that the grits don’t pot all over the place and to help get them nice and tender.
4. Let the grits cook for about 15 minutes or until they are thick and smooth, then cut the fire off.
5. Add your butter, cheese, salt, and pepper, then stir in well until everything is well blended. Serve and Enjoy! You’re going to looooove these!!!
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO TUTORIAL