Mac & Cheese
This macaroni and cheese is AMAZING! It’s as good as it’s going to get. The cooking method we use to make this baked macaroni and cheese results in a cheesy Stouffer’s style mac and cheese…. it’s ooeey, gooey, cheesy and full of flavor… the cream cheese it was makes this dish so DO NOT SUBSTITUTE IT!!! This is one of America’s favorite side dishes… something we all love no matter the culture ehtnicity or racial background… who doesn’t love some good ole baked mac and cheese? This macaroni and cheese is a must try and you will definitely be making it again. It’s that good!!!
1. Place a medium size pot of water over high heat.
2. Once the water comes to a boil, add the macaroni. Boil for 8 minutes, then drain the water.
3. While the macaroni is boiling we’re going to kill 2 birds with one stone and chop our block of cheddar cheese and cream cheese into smaller size pieces.
4. So this step is really important and what separate this macaroni and cheese from authetic tradition macaroni and cheese. What we’re going to do is saturate our macaroni in cheese sauce. This method maximizes the cheesiness of your macaroni and cheese. You ever eat macaroni and cheese and you notice some parts aren’t as cheesy as others? It’s because you didnt create a cheese size which ensures that the cheese is fully disperesed throughout the pan of macaroni. So what you’re going to go is get the same pot you boiled the macaroni in and place it over medium heat.
5. Add your butter or margarine, as I always say I prefer butter.
6. Once the butter melts, add your milk.
7. Then add your salt, sugar, and pepper, and stir in well.
8. Add your blocks of chopped cheese next.
9. Once all the cheese is fully melted into a nice loose cheese sauce, add the drained macaroni, then stir in well. Now your macaroni is fully coated and saturated in CHEESINESS. You definitely won’t have to worry about any parts of your baked macaroni and cheese being cheese(less).
10. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
11. Pour the cheesy macaroni and cheese into a baking pan.
12. Add your shredded cheddar and shredded mozzarella cheese, then stir in well.
13. Top the mac and cheese with the remaining shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, and parsley flakes. The parsley flakes are just for decoration purposes… it gives the macaroni and cheese a nice look and we top it with cheese to create a cheese crust on top.
14. Bake the macaroni and cheese for 25 to 30 minutes. If you want it to be on the looser side back it for 20 minutes if you like your macaroni and cheese really stiff almost like a block which believe it or not some people like… they bake it for up to 40 minutes. How long you bake the macaroni and cheese totally depends on how stiff or loose you desire it to be. I hope you enjoy this recipe.. it’s delicious!!!
Check Out My Video Tutorial