1. Defrost turkey.
2. Add water and 2 qts broth to a big stock pot or bucket.
3. Add salt and minced garlic.
4. Add 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped pepper.
5. Add 2 tbs Italian seasonings and 1 tbs sage, then stir in well.
6. Place brine over high heat. Once brine comes to a boil, cut fire off and let brine chill for at least an hour.
7. Remove giblet’s package and turkey neck from turkey.
8. Add turkey and turkey neck to brine. Add 12-14 ice cubes then store in refrigerator.
9. If your turkey is 13 lbs brine for 13 hours. Brine turkey for as many hours as the pounds of the turkey.
10. Rinse brine off turkey after brining.
11. Remove any excess fat in the cavity of the turkey.
12. Chop your carrots, celery, and remaining onion and pepper into small pieces, then add to baking pan.
13. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
14. Pat your turkey dry with paper towel, then add to baking pan.
15. Drizzle melted butter over turkey, then rub well.
16. Combine your seasonings to create a rub. Season first side of turkey after it.
17. Season the cavity of turkey, and rub turkey with seasonings.
18. Rub butter and seasoning under the skin of the turkey.
19. Tie turkey legs together.
20. Flip turkey upside down.
21. Pin the excess flap of fat to the back of the turkey.
22. Rub the other side of the turkey with the remaining butter, then rub with seasoning.
23. Add giblet’s to the baking pain.
24. Add 2 cups of broth.
25. Cover turkey with aluminum foil.
26. I baked my 13 lb turkey covered for 3hrs and 15 minutes.
But here is cooking instructions for turkey of different sizes.
Bake until turkey reaches 165 internal temperature.
Stick thermometer into thickest part of turkey breast to determine doneness, make sure not to touch bone.
27. Turn turkey over, then base.
28. Raise temperature to 425 degrees, then bake until golden brown on top.
29. Scoop the juices in the pan into a small pot. Add some of the vegetables and gibbets.
30. Stir together 1/2 cup broth and flour.
31. Poor into pot of juices.
32. Place over high heat and cook until gravy reaches your desired level of thickness.
33. WAIT AT LEAST 30 MINUTES before carving turkey.
Check Out My Video Tutorial