1. First things, first….. preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Allow the oven to preheat for 10 minutes before adding the potatoes. Poke several holes into your potatoes with a knife.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, place the potatoes onto the baking sheet, and bake them for 1 hr and 20 minutes.
3. So while our potatoes are baking, we’re going to fry our bacon and chop up our scallions. Chop your scallions into small pieces.
4. Place a skillet over medium-high heat. Add your bacon and fry the bacon until it’s brown and crispy on each side. Once done, sit your bacon on a paper toweled plate to drain the excess oil.
5. Once your potatoes are done, cut them lengthwise straight down the middle while they are still rather hot.
6. Scoop out the potatoes and place them in a mixing bowl. Make sure you don’t scoop all the potatoes out of the potato skins/boats. You want to leave some potato on the bottom and sides of the potato boats so they won’t be limp.
7. Melt your butter and warm up your milk in the microwave for a few seconds. You want the milk and butter to be warm when you add it to the potatoes. Cold milk may result in your potatoes having a paste like texture so make sure it’s warm before stirring it into the potatoes.
8. Crunch 3 slices of bacon up into itty bitty pieces.
9. Combine both of your cheeses.
10. Add the warm milk, melted butter, and seasoning to the potatoes and smash the potatoes with a potato masher until everything is well blended and the potatoes are nice and smooth.
11. Next, add 1/3 of the chopped scallions, your bacon bits, your cream cheese, sour cream, and 1/3 of the shredded cheese mix, then stir everything in until well blended.
13. With a small spoon, scoop the filling into the potato boats, then place them back onto the baking sheet
14. Top the potatoes with the remaining shredded cheese and leftover scallions. Break the remaining 5 slices of bacon into pieces and place them on top the potatoes.
15. Place the potatoes back into the oven and bake them again in 400 degrees, this time for 20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted. These twice baked potatoes are SCRUMPTIOUS!!! Enjoy!
Check Out My Video Tutorial